This is a hands-on beginner’s guide to editing a WordPress website.
It will cover:
- Key features of WordPress
- Rows and Columns
- The What You See Is What You Get editor (WYSIWYG)
- Premium Theme built-in page builders
- Site Origin page builder
- Add and remove pages
- How to update the navigation menu
- Using images
- WordPress plug-ins
- Brief look at Yoast SEO plug-in
Outcomes of course:
- Be confident to move around in the edit dashboard of WordPress
- Add text to your WordPress website pages, products and blog articles
- Format text with bold, bullets and links
- Change the navigaton menu on your site
- Ability to upload images
- Understand image sizes and why they matter
- Understand what plug-ins do, what types there are and why you may want them
- Understand how you can easily learn about Search Engine Optimsation (SEO) techniques
- Understand how you can add and edit text for SEO friendliness
What attendees will need:
Log in details for their WordPress website. If you don’t know if your website is a WordPress one, contact the organiser beforehand to find out (include your name, email address and a link to the website in the message). If you know your website is a WordPress one but don’t have the login details you will need to work with your hosting provider beforehand to get these details.
The training room:
The course is conducted in the Cove Civic Centre IT Training Room. Laptops are available for use or attendees can bring their own. To ensure maximum learning and ability to ask questions, there is a maximum of 10 students per session. Coffee, tea and biscuits provided.
This course is suitable for:
Businesses and individuals who have a WordPress website and don’t know the first thing about editing it.